Rose Hip Oil

 


Once again it is that time of year where everything is dry and due to the heat blasting, it sucks the life out of my skin.  Thus, I present to you dear reader, the most witchy skin moisturizer like ever.

Every year I wind up getting this stuff free from Whole Foods.  Well, basically free.  They always put it in the beauty bags so I have three bottles or more of it in my cabinet at any given time.  Apparently it’s one of their top sellers, hence why it’s always in the sets they sell.

The bottom line is, it’s gentle, it smells like fresh greenery, it doesn’t irritate my psoriasis and it also doesn’t break me out.  It’s also organic and vegan which are two very important things when you care about Mama Gaia.

If you want you can charge the bottle, or the drops of oil in your hands before applying it.  Witchy self care is the best!  You can also take a moment to thank the plants that contributed to this product.  Plants are medicine and they deserve to be thanked!

There are actually a long list of benefits when it comes to rose hip oil, which is actually made from the tiny seeds inside certain breeds of roses.  The oil doesn’t smell like what most people associate as rose smell which is the Damask rose, this is technically a cousin of that rose.  I think it smells a lot like fresh cut grass.  Anyway, all the good stuff in it is great for psoriasis and exactly what I should be applying to my skin in the first place.

I smooth it on after my ritual baths.  Today I used a Dead Sea mud and salt soap.  Luxurious.  Followed by the rose hip oil.  Contrary to what my mother jokes, I have never smelled like a dirty hippie.

So that is that.  Rose hip oil to the rescue for me and my mummified skin.

🥀

Comments

Popular Posts