Ain’t This Some Shit?


After I added myself to yet another list for vaccine sign ups my son tells me that an arthritis drugs has been being used to treat severe Covid.

The fuck.

I am on an arthritis drug.  Mine blocks IL-17, a protein that causes inflammation.  The drug they’re using blocks IL-6, yet another protein that causes inflammation.

All the biologics I’ve been on block one of these IL proteins.  But they don’t know why it works, or which IL is actually responsible for the inflammation in the body, which is why, most of the injections work for me on some level, but only Cosentyx so far has been the real deal.  It’s also why after you’ve been on one or two biologics they can just willy nilly prescribe any one of which for you to give it a shot, pun intended.

Now hear me out.  What if, all this fucking time, I’ve been somewhat protected from Covid because of my medication?  Ain’t that some shit?

Obviously I’m not a scientist or a doctor, but I’ve been a human lab rat for almost 20 years so I can put two and two together.  Covid causes inflammation in the lungs, IL blockers block inflammation, so do the fucking math.

What does this mean for me?

Well, I am certainly not going to be fucking reckless that’s for sure.

I’m still going to stay inside and wear my mask when I go out and stay away from everyone and everything because people are dirty fucking pigs.  BUT, it’s kinda cool to know that this whole time a protein blocker could have been doing me even more good.

I’ll never really know.  I haven’t been sick minus that damn phlegmy cough I get when the seasons change, in fact I should be getting it again in about 6 to 7 weeks or so.  I never got tested for Covid, and I’ve also never been out anywhere besides the store, laundromat and park in the summer.  Who knows if I’ve ever had it and was symptomless?

Regardless of any of this news, I will continue to add my fat ass self to the vaccine lists.  I am in phase B as a fat immunocompromised person, no joke, it’s another thing I get to add to the check list, obesity is on the NJ website as a determining factor.  I noticed how HIV isn’t on there, but veterans are, that’s kind of fucked up in my book, unless the HIV cocktail works against covid too?  Again, I don’t know I’m not a doctor.  Though all those damn credits I have from 8 plus years of school and three different majors, I probably have more than enough credits for a PhD. 

Anyway.

I will pray that I can get my vaccine soon and that things turn around quickly, cause they’re opening up kids sports and restaurants and both those things are disgusting germ infested cess-pits.

Comments

Popular Posts