Kindergarten Dittos, and Tapped Out Grown Ups

This is my exact level of office neatness right here.

I am tired.  I spent a good chunk of my day organizing Ana's school work because it's that time of the month for it to be dropped off and new dittos to be picked up.

Experts say that most students will be a year or more behind in school by the time things "get back to normal". (No comment on that, because... well, you know.) 😒

I am lucky that I have a background in early childhood education that other parents don't.  So Ana's work is a piece of cake, the only problem is, she is my social butterfly child who needs social interaction, where as Dino, he misses his friends, but he doesn't have to be in gym class, so this whole thing has been a win for him really.  My Irish potato cries about wanting to take her number 6 bus and be in school with the other kids, well, I tell it like it is, I ain't dying for no one.

Anyway, I like keeping things organized and neat when it comes to work papers.  Every job I've had (not that many, I know) I was asked to help others organize their shit, including higher ups, because I was so good at it.  One time at NJPAC, I got in trouble because I was making people with actual salaries look bad.  That was fun, I should also take the time to mention that that's the job where I learned how to forge signatures.  About 200 letters had to go out to parents explaining that Savion Glover (the fucking drug addict), wasn't going to teach his summer tap class, and guess who forged the very important NJPAC whoever he was's name to say sorry?  To quote Miss Piggy: "moi".  I have no shame in ratting their dumb asses out.  Seriously, fuck them, especially Glover for not being their to teach those kids.

During today's organization of kindergarten paperwork, I took the time to meticulously date every single page in purple ink before I then put it in order by said date, attached a paper clip and placed it back neatly into the plastic folder they came in.  The former teacher, before they switched due to maternity leave (I'm not gonna go there either, suffice it to say, yeah, in the middle of a fucking global pandemic where half a million people have now died in the US alone, but I'll keep my mouth shut, because you know, women's rights, yada yada yada, feminism.) commented that she loved how neat everything was, so I will keep it that way for this one who I feel compelled to add is fresh off maternity leave herself, but again, I'll keep my big fat mouth shut (pandemic, no place to keep the bodies).  It's fine.

I sure do crack myself up sometimes, specially with this post's title 😈.

Now, Ana herself has a little pink fountain pen, with pink ink, that I encourage her to write her name with.  The teacher asks for crayon or pencil for the work itself, but the name line is fine in whatever.  This is where I admit that I'm an over zealous dumb ass for naming my children such long uber Greek names.  Dino doesn't go by his full name and neither does Ana, but at least in her case, she must write the full name on her papers.  She has begged me to write "just Ana mommy", or "just Stacey" because Shadow always called her Stacey baby, and yes, he'd start singing "Stacey's mom has got it goin' on" in his tenor, much to my chagrin.  Of course, I'd give anything to hear it again, and no we did not name her Anastasia just for that reason.

But, I can't let Ana slide when it comes to writing her name.  It was ingrained it me working at preschool to make sure that even the children with the longest names learned to write them before they left us for kindergarten.  I remember many a Nigerian child, pencil in hand learning to write a dozen letters or more. The older teachers would comment, "couldn't they stick with a short name from the bible?", many of them were Southern you see, but I think extra long Nigerian names are awesome, just like extra long Greek ones.

And now my day is at a close.  Today's work is done, tomorrow I start getting notes together for Saturday's class on creating altar spaces, which I do believe I know a thing or two about.  I may even read this book that caught my eye in the One Spirit catalogue not too long ago, but for free, cause I don't pay for knowledge.

The work is never done.



Comments

  1. My health was horrible before I decided to try the Protocol Of taking Dr. Omola pure herbal mixture. I felt there was no hope for my health and I was to try the Protocol, thinking it wouldn’t work because I have visited so many hospital but same result. However, I was convinced by a Instagram friend to try the herbal medicine because I wanted to get rid of Herpes virus. The herbal mixture that was given to me was really quick and easy to take, within 2 week I was fully cured from Herpes. The herbal medicine really work and I will like to share this great doctor contact with you all email him dr.omolaherbalhome@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2348118116254 you won't regret it, I promise.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts