The Morning Coffee Car Coat

 


I’ve been wanting to knit this car coat for a very long time.  Shadow purchased the yarn for me from Walmart.  I needed four skeins and I never seemed to find all four never mind the same dye lot at a single store.

This was supposed to be my quarantine project, but you know, Animal Crossing took over my life as it did everyone else’s.  I heard that game saved some people from committing suicide, so Nintendo certainly did something right.  

I cast on for the bottom pieces on April 29, 2020.  I kept putting it to the side especially when it came to attaching the pockets because I didn’t have the proper tools for that.  I used to have many more notions than I do now, but luckily the set of needles that I’m using have the issue of stitch holders built in to their design.

I only needed to order 4 more end caps and two 6 inch cords. They’re absolutely perfect for holding pocket stitches!  I really admire how the Denise company lets you purchase these individual add on pieces for your full set.  Shadow’s mom was the one who ordered the set for my birthday in 2016, when my hands were hurting so bad and I just wanted to get my previous car coat done.  Man I miss that coat, Shadow loved it, too bad it was destroyed along with everything else.

Anyway, Denise needles were a dream come true for me.  Sometimes I hate plastic, I really do, but when it comes to products that make accommodations for arthritis, these take the cake.  They’re bendy, smooth and the cord is chunkier than other sets so I don’t feel like it’s going to snap off a heavier project.  In addition to all that jazz, they are the easiest set to put together.  All I have to do is insert the cord into the base of the needle and twist a quarter turn to lock it into place.  Other sets I have owned require a cord key and screwing them together takes ages not to mention dexterity that I don’t always possess. 

Now I am finished waxing poetic about Denise Interchangeables!

I’ve made a good amount of progress the past few days.  I really want to be able to wear this coat for the coming spring. You know, after all this snow disappears.  This winter is certainly kicking my ass.

With a confirmed work in progress, I feel like I can work more quickly to finish it, instead of worrying about what to work on next.  I really shouldn’t have multiple projects going on at once.  It never does work out for me in the long run.

I’m going to give myself until the end of March.  That will leave me enough time to knit a new sweater for Ana’s 6th birthday in April.

Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular Posts