Not Enough Yarn



I’m keeping my New Year’s goal of not purchasing yarn.  I shall not break it!

In trying to decide which sweater to finish for myself I realized I totally fucked up and I can’t for the life of me remember how I did this.

I wrote before about redoing my Flax sweater.  I thought everything was going smoothly.  It’s been so long since I tried to work on it that I haven’t even so much as glanced at the pattern again.  I opened it on my phone and realized I some how royally fucked up.  I have a deficit of yarn for that sweater.  

Now usually I can get away with not matching 50 yards because my gauge is off.  But I don’t know how I miscalculated by 300 yards.  My size needs 1500 but I only have 1200 yards of this yarn.  Where the hell did I go wrong? What was I thinking?  Was I thinking at all?

Yes, sometimes I get brain fog, the past nearly 6 years have not been easy on me.  I do get things done and do the absolute best that I can, but I find myself unable to recall a specific event when I really need to remember.  Buying this yarn for example.  Shadow must have got it for me.  I purchased it back in 2018 when he was still alive.  Did I intend to make something else with it?  I don’t recall.  

Here I am, balls all wound up, ready to go and I’m going to run out of yarn if I even try to continue.

So, I’m putting it to the side, yet again, so I can work on my car coat even though I haven’t a car to wear it in.  Hopefully I can wear it when the weather allows for such garments.

As for the Flax, I could frog it for the second time and re knit it for Dino, but that child doesn’t even wear the other sweeter I made for him!  It’s going to drive me nuts if I can’t start making serious progress on these projects I have lying around.

It’s a good thing Ravelry has an “Ugh!” label for such projects, cause that’s exactly what my Flax is getting.

Ugh!

Comments

Popular Posts