Finished Gansey Wristers

 


I am quite proud of this photo, it really shows off the stitch definition.  Dino is of course super stoked to have new mitts to wear to D and D.  I mean they’re perfect for slinging dice don’t you think?

I’m happy they fit him and happy that he loves them.  They suit his post apocalyptic gamer dude aesthetic that he’s had going on for the past few years.

Now that I have two months until Ana’s birthday I can work on some unfinished projects and hopefully get those done and out of the way to work on other things.

I really should finish that one sweater for myself which I had to rip out and start again cause it was massive.  Then there is the car coat which I’ve gotten about ten inches of the bottom done on and at least I am passed the point of adding on the pockets.  Pockets aren’t difficult, just placement can get wonky sometimes, especially since I tend to work off gauge because my yarn is stiffer and thicker than what’s intended for the pattern, looking at you Red Hear Super Saver.  That yarn will survive a nuclear bomb, but good luck getting gauge for any pattern calling for worsted.

I’m actually happy to put the ultra fine needles away for a bit.  I broke one and I believe my grip is sometimes too tight, obviously due to the psoriatic arthritis.  I’m going to have to bring out the plastic bendy needles that I reserve for when the pain in my hands is bad, which it unfortunately has been from all this snow.  The only down side is, they don’t go smaller than US 5, which is a totally bummer.  They’re the perfect needles for painful joints other wise, warm to the touch, easy to assemble, and the give in them doesn’t lead to snapping like my wooden ones, or at least it hasn’t yet.  I also don’t want to find out the hard way, Knit Picks will replace their faulty wooden needles (I’ve done it a few times), but I don’t think Denise does the same.

I hope to get much more knitting done this week, with the weather being as it is, I don’t want to go out at all!  Plenty of tea and lots of stitching in store for me!

Comments

Popular Posts