Imbolc 2021



Blessed Imbolc!

It is that time of year that we begin to bring ourselves out into the light.  Spring is coming despite what the groundhog says. The Earth is getting ready to push up those flowers aided by Brigid’s flame.

I am fresh off this evening’s online ritual, it was fun and centered on healing ourselves, our loved ones and the planet.  It was beautiful!

My babies and I did little things throughout the day.  First I made the Brigid doll, I crocheted her out of some beige yarn I had.  She came out quite cute and Ana adores her.



 
After Brigid was finished I got to constructing Her cross out of green card stock, glue tape and staples.  Not too shabby if I do say so myself!




I also made Brigid a wee bed and cover.  Then Dino and I tidied the altar and set it up to how you see it in the first photo.

Before lunch was made, I decided I was going to find a good Imbolc themed tarot spread to do and decided on a simple four card spread I found focused on Brigid.



The first card is the bottom and then it continues clockwise.
1. An offering to the Goddess Brigid
2. Darkness to leave behind
3. A message from the Goddess
4. Embracing the fire Goddess within

1. 6 of Disks: Success. So while I am not successful in the traditional sense, you know, money and fame, I am successful at my crafting and I believe I offered Brigid some lovely handmade items on her feast day.

2. 8 of Swords: Interference.  This card always makes me think of my migraines and I’d love to leave those behind for sure!  But this usually means intrusive thoughts that interfere with communication.  I’ll take my initial read.

3. 9 of Chalices: Happiness.  Thank you Brigid!  I am feeling rather happy as of late.  

4. Fortune, this is a card of change and acceptance of what’s in store.  I’m older and wiser and only getting older and wiser, so I’ve certainly accepted that.

Overall a wonderful little reading.  I’m quite pleased.

After tarot reading and lunch, I decided that I had to do something with the many apples which had accumulated from the children’s school lunches the last two weeks.  Neither of them enjoy red delicious or macintosh so I peeled them all in order to make some hand pies.  

Ana helped:



They turned out pretty swell!  I didn’t put an egg or milk wash on them so they didn’t brown as much as they should have, but they were tasty!



By then it was time to start dinner.  I was originally going to bake an Irish soda bread and make a simple lentil and kale soup, but Ana begged for pasta.  So I made what I call vegan mac and cheese and while the sauce is vegan, the Grana Padano shredded on top is not.  I was happy to find both red lentils and my favorite tinned fire roasted tomatoes at Trader Joe’s last week, and boy oh boy those tomatoes really made this sauce kick!



By the time dinner was finished we had an hour and a half to go before the ritual.  We did what we do every night, watch World News and Jeopardy while I knit and the kids do whatever.

Now I’m tired, and must ground some more because ritual both drains and energizes me, if you can imagine that.

Blessed Be!
๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒœ



Comments

Popular Posts