The Second Gansey Mitt

 

Yes I see the crayon and yes I know about magic erasers.

I have five days to finish this second mitt, even though Dino won’t be here until after his birthday which sucks because I haven’t had my Dino boy on his actual birthday for a few years now.

He has tried on the first completed mitt and loves it dearly.  They will be perfect for playing guitar and throwing dice at D and D.

Now that I’ve gotten the rhythm of the pattern down and know what to expect, the second one is moving along much faster.  As a bonus I may be able to get another pair of mitts out of this ball for me as well!

I don’t know if I’d want to do this pattern again however.  First of all I’d have to go up a needle size because my hands are swollen and thus are bigger than Dino’s.  Second, some cables might be nice since I haven’t done any in a while.

I may look up a fancy patterned dice bag as a surprise, if I can finish the last mitt on time.  I technically have until the 12th which is when he comes home.  That’s actually more than enough time, but I do have to prepare for a workshop and the new moon that’s on my birthday if anyone wants a quick ritual.

After these mitts, as I have said many times, it’s time to concentrate on all those unfinished items, like my two sweaters and that blanket, that’s really a perpetual work in progress because I’ve been slowly adding bits of Vanna’s Choice to it, and only Vanna’s Choice.  

I have some half finished skeins of the stuff somewhere amongst my yarn bags.  It should have been slow mindless winter TV watching knitting.  Instead, I’m doing tiny needle knitting while my hands and eyes will still let me.  I’m going to be 36 on Thursday but my joints are pushing 90.  This calls for some Yiddish.

Oy vey!

Comments

Popular Posts