Preparing for Imbolc

Craft ideas for Imbolc on my Kindle, night view rocks.

I still don’t know what ritual I will be performing tomorrow. I do however know what I’ll cook and bake and what little crafts I’ll make with Ana (Dino’s at that age).

I have the Sabbats Almanac for this year on my Kindle.  It’s an indispensable resource for families with children.

With Ana however, things are different.  When Dino was little everything we did was more Greek centered, but Ana, she is my Irish/Scottish child with a British last name.  Now Wicca is Celtic based, it is extremely British.  So I think for her I will do things differently since Shadow’s ancestry is UK based.

Growing up my father always said he hated the British, they had occupied Corfu and were still technically there when I lived there in the 90’s.  I went to school with British kids (hence why I pronounce pajamas in the correct manner) Sam and I were the only halvie Americans.  My dad always said that the Irish were better, better culture, better food, and they had taken hell from the British for too long.  He never spoke of Scotland or Wales.

Anyway, we’ve always called Ana our little Irish potato because she LOVES potatoes.  She insists on Irish butter as well (seriously it’s the best freaking butter) and eats Irish oatmeal which are steel cut oats.  It’s high time I try to give her a bit of culture from her daddy’s side besides those few food items.  He had only recently found out where his family came from before he passed, so he never got to fully explore what that meant.  

I grew up being Greek, speaking Greek, eating Greek food and actually spent time on and off living in my father’s homeland.

Ana deserves that too.  She doesn’t even look Greek like Dino and I do.  She has a short little pug nose instead of the long and thin Roman ones Dino and I have. She has light brown hair and hazel eyes.  She is very much her daddy’s little girl.

So I think for tomorrow, besides baking Irish soda bread, which I do every time we have soup, I’m going to be introducing Brigid to her.  I’ve never worked with Brigid before and technically her feast day was today.  

Many of the traditions done for Imbolc are actually part of the festivities for Brigid anyway.  I think this will be a nice little change for us and more importantly it will give Ana some good childhood memories.

Now, excuse me while I scour my books for ritual inspiration.

Blessed Be!

πŸŒ›πŸŒπŸŒœ

Comments

Popular Posts