Busy Making Washcloths

 


Everyone loves my hand knit and crocheted washcloths, so I promised I’d make as many as I could while here.  I have one week to go and two balls of yarn left.  I should be able to make four more.

So far I’ve made eleven in various sizes.  The smaller crochet ones are quick and take no time at all, just today I knocked out the five in the picture above.  The larger knitted ones I do take at least two days of steady knitting.  I started one today and it’s about a third done.

It’s nice to be able to give all the adults a little something I’ve made that’s useful.  I gave Grandma three new washcloths and a bar of Greek olive oil soap when we came and now she’s getting quite a few more.  She really loves them.

There is nothing like some simple summer knitting by the pool before I get to the warmer knits for the coming autumn, like a brand new sweater for Ana to wear for school.  I’ll be able to work on that while she’s back in school starting the 9th.  It’ll be nice to catch up on shows and knitting during the day like I used to, but it’s definitely gonna be lonely without my babies around.

🧶

Comments

Popular Posts