No Giant Cards Today!

 


We have been diligently collecting this set since the beginning of the year in March. Today was supposed to be the release of the Hoenn set.  Each month is a different set of starters but not in order.  You can also purchase a limited edition binder to put them all in that comes with a bonus Pikachu card because everything comes with a bonus Pikachu card these days.

Every month I take Ana and Dino (if he’s with me) to our local GameStop and purchase the pack.  Ana brings along her little binder and once we’re done there, I treat her to a Happy Meal at McDonalds while I put the cards into her binder.  What’s nice is that besides the three jumbo starters you also get two random booster packs as well, and I’ve been lucky where I always get one of the latest set and an older one.  Not bad for ten bucks!

Today when we went, the manager checked his computer and explained that no one got them this month and that they changed the date to the end of August which is a total bummer.

We left the store empty handed but of course Ana begged for her monthly Happy Meal, after eating we walked the mile back home.  I always make sure to walk back from McDonalds, it’s really too much sodium for me so it’s best I have a brisk walk back and drink plenty of lemon water when I get home.

Now, I have to keep an eye out for these packs.  They sell out quickly and scalpers Jack up the prices online.  The manager said to call in a week which I’ll do on top of checking the website and possibly asking folks on Reddit if they’ve heard anything.  

Right now the Pokémon community is more concerned with boycotting Go.  Today was Pokémon No Day.  Everyone turned off location on their apps, left one star reviews on the App Store and signed a petition for Niantic to get their asses together.  Some people even deleted their apps entirely.  I haven’t gone that far.  I’m a lowly level 40 player whose been playing since day one.  That game got me through some really tough times but seriously they need to have disabled players interests in mind and they don’t, not to mention the Delta variant leading to increased cases of Covid.  Some people still can’t go outside because they cannot be vaccinated due to their particular illness.  That’s not cool.  Pokémon Go gives them something to pass the time, but Niantic only sees dollar signs.  So, fuck them.

The things I go through as a mother and Pokémon fan, I swear…

🃏

Comments

Popular Posts