Create A Spell


Many moons ago, I learned that as a Wiccan witch I had to create my own spells because they’d be more powerful and what not.  While I did small things like picture magick, which is still one of my favorites, it wasn’t until I was a bit older that I began to construct more elaborate workings.  I didn’t have many books as a teen so I did what research I could on the internet which was very much the Wild West back then.

With the release of The Complete Book of Correspondences in 2013, Shadow and I would use it to construct spell pouches for whatever we needed.  Like the ones I used to make for his court appearances after his accident.  He however, was a huge fan of candle spells where he would dump copious amounts of salt, herbs and Florida Water over everything after carving into the candle.

To each their own.

Any spell within a folk magick frame work is nothing more than your intent.  What is it that you want to achieve, what outcome do you desire?  What’s your end game?  Intent is 99% of spell work as I am fond of saying to my students.  The ingredients are the sprinkles on top.  They amplify your intent.  Putting the whole thing together can also be very helpful for those who need objects to focus on, it’s all very tactile and if you have difficulty with the notion of raising energy then this is the type of spell work for you.  Those without the ability to visualize can easily see and feel that a pouch is either empty or full.  One can equate an empty pouch as non magickal and a full one as the spell being complete.

I don’t even have a name for this type of spell.  Usually they are pouches because what’s more fun then a bunch of things in an organza bag?  Basically all we did was look up whatever it was in the Book of Correspondences and choose some of the items, herbs, crystals, whatever else listed, pop them into the pouch, tie it up and wham bam thank you ma’am it was done!

Another thing to note is that we rarely wrote any words to go along with any of our spells.  The internet used to be filled with these lengthy rhyming spells and that was never my cup of tea.  We also never cast circle when doing our spell work, however incense or the oil diffuser was usually going.  Sometimes, I play music, chanting, crystal bowls, or drumming depending on the mood.  But generally speaking with these quick little to-do’s they were very spontaneous.  

Get it done and get back to life! 

However, don’t expect the spell to come to fruition without some muggle leg work!

Let me explain further:

Tomorrow I will be doing a pouch for safe travels.  According to the chart for travel, Wednesday is the day to do this so tomorrow it is.  I’m going to try and get some dandelions from someone’s yard or that patch of green at the park.  The rest, I have and I can always draw the rune that’s listed.  See? Easy Peasy.  Now, there is a listing for corresponding Goddess’ and Gods, under which, Hekate is listed among others.  I already said I was going to pin my strophalos back on to my Tom Bihn side kick, other than that, I don’t need to do anything else.

Right?

Wrong!

Though I am not driving, I have made sure that I am safe in other ways.  This is where that muggle leg work comes in.  I have checked Google maps for my locations, to see what the areas look like.  I check the status of the routes I am on, this is especially important since there are multiple forest fires burning in Northern California right now.  I know how I’m going to pack my bags so that my most valuable and important items (phone and wallet) are secured to my body in my side kick.  There are other things I will do to hold up my end of the work while the universe helps me spell wise.

I trust the work, I do the work.  Don’t sit on your ass.

Says the person who will literally be sitting on her ass and reading on a train.

Hopefully you can see how my brain works with these things.  This is how I do it, it works for me, it worked for Shadow, it worked for us as a couple.  I’d also like to add that this isn’t the only correspondence book, this is just the cheapest and easiest to get!  There is a beautiful volume in hardcover but it’s almost a hundred bucks.  I’d LOVE to have that on my shelf.  But I have no shelf space and certainly don’t have a hundred dollars for a book.

So, go forth and create!  Experiment!  Bring joy, bring peace! Bring donuts!  I don’t care what you do, just follow the rule, an’ it harm none, do what ye will!  Hell, follow Crowley, “do what thou wilt!”  Just do it yourself.

That is all.

🌒🌕🌘

Comments

Popular Posts