Withdrawal Symptoms


Every two weeks I get a migraine and my heart rate goes up above 100 beats per minute. This happens 4 days before my injection date like clock work.  Sometimes my right eye twitches.  Sometimes I get chills and hot flashes.  Most of the time my blood pressure sky rockets.  Then, the next day I am fine, I take my injection two days later and it’s like nothing ever happened until 10 days go by and I have another migraine.

It’s all very predictable.  And it sucks.

This is one of the things I will have to deal with for the rest of my life until better meds are made or they allow me to take an injection every week instead of every other.  Then I’d probably feel better and my skin would be clearer.

But, Cosentyx is 9000 bucks a pop so that ain’t happening.

My withdrawal symptoms are worse than the side effects.  Come to think of it, I really don’t get side effects except some nausea in the morning and heart burn at night if I eat after 6.  I basically have a limited window of hours to consume food.  Like I’m not one of those people who can eat when I first wake up.

All of that is fine though, way better than migraines and eye twitching.  I don’t even know what’s up with the fucking eye twitching.  Why only the right eye?

It’s all very weird but I deal.  I have to, I don’t want to be in a wheelchair.

Next week I have to double up (I already consulted my doctor) due to my trip to California.  I can’t transport my meds that many days without refrigeration on the train and not for nothing, they’re very expensive meds so I’d need like a safe/fridge combo and as far as I know, no one makes that.  And if they do, I couldn’t afford it anyway!

It’ll be interesting to see how I react.

I’m just a walking science experiment at this point.

💉


Comments

Popular Posts