My New Favorite Deodorant

 

It’s so cute too!

Some things you may not know about me, I hate plastic and I haven’t used an anti perspirant since I was a teen.  Nasty stuff that is.  Had to kick it to the curb.

Over the years I have tried many natural deodorants.  I’ve used those blocks of salt, Tom’s of Maine, Schmidt’s, Native, Lush, and many many others.  One summer I didn’t use any deodorant at all and only applied a drop of tea tree oil to each arm pit.

Each time I made the switch to a new one it was only because I wound up with inverse psoriasis on my arm pits.  Not fun at all.  Inverse is very painful.  It’s like a rash that won’t clear up but it’s raw all the time.  The only thing that cleared it up was not using the deodorant anymore and switching to yet another one.

For the longest time I used Aroma Co from Lush.  It worked great for a few years after I had Ana.  I’ll also disclose that during pregnancy, and two years of breast feeding each, I did not wear deodorant with Dino or Ana.  I did not want to fuck around with my kids food.

Anyway, all of a sudden last year Aroma Co started giving me a rash.  I didn’t think it was outright inverse psoriasis because the patches were small but I couldn’t risk it.  I was already not feeling the affects of the pandemic I didn’t need to be miserable as well.  So I ordered Meow Meow Tweet’s baking soda free deodorant.  Turns out baking soda irritates the fuck out of my skin and mouth (that’s another story, cause I’m still figuring out toothpastes!).

First of all, there isn’t a screw at the bottom, I just push it up in the tube.  Second, it smells amazing, third, the formula glides on smooth, hasn’t melted or dried out!  Finally it lasted a whole freaking year!  I am truly amazed.  I just ordered my second tube almost one year later, so I’m hoping to go until next August.  We’ll see how hot September and October is.

I’m really impressed with this company and once I run out of other things I’d like to try their versions of it.  Sadly, they don’t sell tooth paste.  They do have a facial bar I used last year and it was delightful but I won’t be getting another one until my supply of cleansers from the Whole Foods beauty bags are done. 

Everything they sell is either in a glass jar, cardboard tube or naked.  It’s truly amazing.  Their items can be pricey, but compared to the tons of money I’ve spent on products that have given me hell, the 14 bucks I paid for an entire year supply of the good stuff is nothing.

Lesson learned, money well spent and that is all.

🌸

Comments

Popular Posts