New Storage for my Needles

 

The tidiness, I can’t!

Lately with my hands feeling the way they do, I’ve been solely using my Denise knitting needle set.  Shadow’s mom got them for me back in 2016 for my birthday.  They’re an arthritic person’s dream.

I used to have their proper storage case that they came in but when we went to the shelter, I took them out and put them into a clear organizer pouch along with a few basics so I could continue knitting through the winter cooped inside.  It worked out well, but they’ve been stuck in that clear case for over five years now.

I really wanted to order one of the soft organizer pouches they make that origami into a neat little package.  The fabrics come in really nice prints but they’re always sold out and they’re expensive, 30 or more dollars.  Recently, while thinking of items I needed from Muji, like a purple pen refill, I thought of possible storage solutions for my set as well.

Turns out, this neat little hanging toiletry case is only 20 dollars and it fits my entire interchangeable set along with all my notions plus a set of six plastic crochet hooks that work wonderfully with the Denise needles.  I mean look at that photograph, it’s neat, it’s tidy, everything just fits!

I am very pleased with this solution.  The middle piece snaps out and I can tote that to the park if need be instead of taking the whole kit, especially if I know I won’t be changing needles or casting off any time soon.  I am thrilled with how clever I am!

Now, there is one issue I face.  I am in need of a new tape measure.  Last year I purchased one from Muji but it only came in centimeters on both sides!  I can’t think in terms of centimeters, I never could, I didn’t live in Greece that long the metric system isn’t ingrained in my head as much as Orthodoxy is!  Of course many of the patterns I work from are European, so I don’t need to convert right away but it’s still a pain in my ass when I think in inches!

One can’t have it all.

I’m happy with my new knitting case, it works and I’ll use the tape measure to the best of my ability until I find myself at Michael’s or Walmart and I purchase a retractable one that’s not metric.

🧶📏

Comments

Popular Posts