Currently Reading

 


I finished reading The Green Witch, it was ok.  Can I recommend it to beginners?  I mean, maybe?  It wasn’t really detailed, the recipes were alright but other than that it wasn’t a stand out read.  I think people only buy it because the cover looks cool and since I read it on Kindle, I didn’t experience any of the physical aesthetics of it.

I’m still reading through The Once and Future Witches which I have mixed feelings about, it’s certainly interesting but some of it is dragging on a bit.  I’m like 65 percent through.  I have no idea how thick this book is in real life.

Murder in Gramercy Park is my cozy murder guilty pleasure. I read these fun little books in between more serious works.  This is the third in the series, I’m re reading them because it’s been so long and I want to get up to speed with the series.  I honestly recommend this particular series if you love the idea of late 1800’s NYC like I do.  I’m not a complete NY history nerd, but Victoria Thompson really went out of her way to research everything.

Finally, I was curious about Stephen King’s latest novel, so I put it on my holds and here we go.  I turned my Kindle back on airplane mode and returned everything early.  Now I can read at my leisure until my next hold comes out in about 7 weeks.  I will start this one next.  If my hold comes out before I’m done with any of these, well then, I’m screwed and I’ll have to change my place in line or whatever it is Libby does for holds you’re not ready for.

Chilly weather is coming so my knitting won’t be done at the park anymore.  It will be time for hot tea a cozy shawl and a good book, all to be enjoyed while the leaves fall.

📖


Comments

Popular Posts