Started: Quick Oats

 


This is the work I’ve done on this thing between today and yesterday.  I’ve worked all 95 yards of the first ball.  I’m beginning to worry I may need a third!

Last two times I made this cardigan I use Lion Brand Homespun, which honestly I should have used this time.  This Charisma yarn is too thick and is really hurting my hands, but I don’t have much longer to go on it as it’s only size 3 months.

I’m hoping I can finish on Friday or perhaps even tomorrow, so I’d know if I need another ball or not.  Then I can head to Michael’s while Ana is in school.  I’m lucky I have a five dollar off coupon plus another 20 percent off.  Yarn prices are ridiculous now.  How the fuck did plastic become so expensive?!  

I don’t want to make baby items in wool or cotton, they both shrink and that’s not cool for a new mom to have to worry about hand washing items.  Acrylic sucks for the planet but it makes a tired mom’s job easier.

Anyway, after this is done its on to the bonnet and at this point I’m just gonna make a simple garter stitch one and call it quits.  I really should have had this stuff to her before Penelope was born!

Oh well, more stitching tomorrow.

🧶

Comments

Popular Posts