One Last Day at the Pool

 


This is our new town pool.  We have a slide and lap pool, plus splash pad and baby wading pool.  It’s all pretty neat.  This opened up while we were in California, so we never got to use it until today.

One must be a resident of Weehawken and register a time slot, which honestly is preferable to how Union City does it.  We had used their 9th street pool all of July, it can get very crowded.  With the weather being cool and windy today, it was empty which was fine by me.  I couldn’t even get a time slot previously and it turns out bitches we’re taking multiple spots so their kids could swim all day.

Fuck them.

Anywho.

Ana of course had a blast, Dino had no desire to go in with it being so cold and I being the insane woman that I am, went right in with Ana.  It was cold but not unbearable and the true reason as to why I just deal is because it’s like a giant ice bath for all my joints.  Very therapeutic for me being an Aquarius and all.  Seriously though, it loosens everything up and the constant heat and stiffness that I experience all day everyday wanes a bit and I am free to swim with less pain, as I please.

So, with our one last hurrah, Ana is happy, I am happy, Dino was too cold and I think the both of us got a bit too toasty, I don’t know how if I’m out at the park for three hours every day!  I put some aloe on my face, I’m Greek, I’ll be fine.

Now fall is officially here and it’s bye bye pool season.

🍂

Comments

Popular Posts