Started: Sawtelle

 


This is the beginning of a darling little fall coat for Ana.  I’m so glad I found this pattern on Ravelry, it really is so adorable.  I am using Caron O’Go Big Donut in Raspberry Glazed, I was kind of weirded out by the put up, but honestly now I’m kinda digging it.  It was incredibly easy to separate the colors for some partially planned color blocking.  I’m hoping it comes out ok.  The one color I’m not using is the brown which if it’s enough may end up as a cabled hat for a dear friend of mine.

So far so good, I am adding half an inch to the length since Ana has a longer torso.  I purchased lady bug buttons for it, so that should be cute too.  The only thing I’m having an issue with is my Denise knitting set, they’re almost 6 years old and I think repeated use is finally taking a toll.  They feel scratchy and I feel as if it’s slowing me down and making it more difficult for me to knit,  I don’t know what to do.  I do have other needles, but the gauge may be affected if I switch half way.

It’s probably time I catalogue all the needles I have and see which ones I actually can use and which ones may have to be sold or given away.  I can’t use metal at all anymore but now plastic is feeling off.  I can try using bamboo again, it’s been ages.  I haven’t even used my Knit Picks set either because those were hurting my hands too!  I feel like I just can’t win lately.  I enjoy knitting so much and it’s about the only thing I can still do with my hands.

Whatever I decide will have to be done quickly because the weather is getting cooler and Ana is going to need this little coat!

🧶


Comments

Popular Posts