The Caring of Me

 


I have felt like shit the past two days.  I did not do ritual yesterday, I threw together two steaks and a bagged salad for dinner instead of the dishes I wanted to do for Mabon.

And that’s all ok.

I know I will feel better tomorrow (it’s my moon time which started on the full moon mind you) and since my Dino will be home tomorrow, I’ll cook the delicious Mabon dinner then, so he won’t miss out.  I probably should have just planned it that way to begin with.

Shit happens.

The reality is, my decrepit body happens.  And I take that in stride too.  What other choice do I have?  No one else is here to cook Ana her dinner or feed Strawberry or clean or do any of those things.  I am the only one who can take care of them, this apartment and myself.

So that is what I did this evening.

After I did the daily rituals from Saged, I laid down in my bed with a sheet mask on my face and chilled the fuck out.

I have some more chilling to do, ie my night time reading, and then call it a night.  The windows are open and a wonderfully cool rainy breeze is blowing in.  My face is now fully moisturized and I feel a tad better.  Certainly achy from the storm, but not as bad as before.

Self care is so vitally important for ourselves, as mothers, witches, women, humans.  Whoever you are, take care of yourself the best way you can.  And it’s ok to not get anything done at all.  

You come first.

Namaste.

🙏

Comments

Popular Posts