Anastasia’s New Blanket

 


This is the picture from Amazon, not Ana’s actual bed, but that’s the exact blanket.  I didn’t really purchase it from Amazon.  I got it from a junk store on the Avenue called ABC.  I’ve been shopping at ABC stores since I was a kid.  There was one in my neighborhood in Queens, and one in the Ironbound and there are two of them on Bergenline Avenue!

Basically, it’s a store where you acquire cheap Chinese made products if even Walmart is too expensive for you.  To give you a sense of this store, they sell bins of loose panties and bras, polyester sheets (100% cotton feel!), tons of bath mat sets and stove top espresso makers.  It’s always a hoot to go into one.

So Ana was in need of a new blanket.  Her old one was a disgusting Frozen polyester one whose insides weren’t fit for a rat.  Ana, like her daddy LOVES Sherpa esc things.  Fuzzy blankets, pillows, and stuffed animals.  Even her fall jacket is reversible with fuzziness on one side and windbreaker on the other.  I can’t stand it.  Shadow loved fuzzy blankets.  I can not stand polyester!

Nonetheless, I have to keep my baby warm at night and it has to therefore be a blanket she actually likes and will use.  Thus the monstrosity of this deer blanket.

These blankets are ubiquitous in Hispanic households.  They come in a variety of prints including Cuban and Puerto Rican flag.  Like Jesus’ mom?  She’s on a blanket too.  Enjoy Russian roses in white, red, purple or yellow?  They’ve got those as well.  Absolutely garish.  Then, there are the animals.  Tigers, always tigers, people below the poverty line fucking love tigers.  I honestly thought Ana would want one of the Tiger blankets.

No, Ana saw the deer and had to have the deer.  What could I do but roll my eyes and buy the stupid thing after asking “are you sure you don’t want the blue eyes white Tiger?” (I take every opportunity to make that Yugioh joke.)  Yes, she wanted the deer.  She loves deer.  There were deer at grandma’s house.

So, now she has a deer blanket.  It’s queen size.  She fucking loves it and all that’s important is that I got it for 20 bucks less than on Amazon and that she is fast asleep all cozy underneath it!

🦌

Comments

Popular Posts