Revamped: Daddy’s Sweater Blanket

 


Apparently Ana was not happy with how her blanket was coming out.  She liked Dino’s scrap blanket so much better and cried because she wanted that one.  I tried to explain to her that I had no more leftover yarn to make another blanket like that.

However, what I could do was unravel the star shaped baby blanket I made for her a few years ago that she never uses and hold that together with the blue yarn from her “daddy’s sweater that never was” in order to create the marled effect she likes in Dino’s blanket.  She agreed to that.  Could she even visualize what I was talking about?  I don’t know.

In any case I spent three days unraveling that blanket, at least she didn’t cry about that.  All I know is that I am never using Gain detergent again, I don’t remember when the last time I washed that blanket was, nor when the last time I used Gain as opposed to Tide.  It positively reeked of Gain.  That stuff can’t be kosher.  It was an assault on my sinuses and gave me a slight headache.  Definitely not kosher.

After all that work was done, which tore up my fingertips mind you, I decided that I was absolutely not going to crochet this blanket.  Crochet is very taxing on my shoulders and elbows.  I can’t do that again, not any time soon at least, and Dino’s blanket isn’t even done.  Thus, I casted on 130 stitches on size 15 needles and went to town, slipping the first stitch of each row for neatness cause why the fuck not?

It looks pretty good.

She likes it, that’s literally all that matters.

I’m going to keep going with this project for now, until all the striped yarn is done.  Then once I bind off, I will undoubtedly have leftover blue so that will go into Dino’s blanket.  This way they will each have the yarn from Shadow’s sweater to cover them with.

Yes, I’m a sentimental bitch.  He’s laughing at me right now.  I know it.

At least this is excellent mind numbing TV watching work.  Staying off my foot is easy when it’s chilly out and there’s so much to knit!

🧶



Comments

Popular Posts