Thanksgiving 2021

 


These were the ready made meals that the township sent over from the Mayors office, minus the slices of persimmon on the plate.  When they called me on Wednesday asking if I’d be home on Thursday morning, I thought they’d be distributing boxes of groceries like I saw being distributed in Union City earlier in the week.  I should have tried to nab one of those.  I don’t even like turkey, I tolerate it.

Oh well.  We ate some of this for lunch before my brother in law came to pick us up to go to his mom’s house.  We ate well, had awesome company and got to see my sister Sam who we haven’t seen in ages because she’s always so horrendously busy globe trotting for various projects.  Ana had no idea who she even was.

This morning I got up not feeling too hot.  I had the beginnings of a migraine and my joints were super achy.  I think my lymph nodes are still swollen and I felt chilled again.  Not cool.  I’m really hoping this isn’t lingering side effects from the vaccine.  I felt great for months prior to this shot.  Ana wasn’t feeling too well either.  I was supposed to take my babies to open swim but we all sat on the couch wrapped up in Ana’s massive deer blanket.

Perhaps it was better that we had this day to rest.  Lately our weekends have been too busy, I need days to do nothing.  If all week long I’m at the doctors, doing laundry and going shopping, then the weekend is my time to rest otherwise I feel like pure shit.  I can’t keep doing this to myself.  I’m disabled for a fucking reason.

Anyway.

I am grateful that my babies and I had a good time yesterday. I’m also thankful that for two days I didn’t have to make lunch or dinner, just breakfast.  I’m hoping Ana and I feel better tomorrow.  I don’t want them to miss the regular scheduled open swim.

Now, time to be cozy, relax and read.

🦃

Comments

Popular Posts