Spell Candles

 


We do not celebrate Chanukah, but I do love a good latke and a brand new box of candles.  This is my biggest pro tip as a poor witch who still likes to have different colored spell candles.  Buy the Chanukah candles!  For $2.49, I got 45 candles in all different colors.  I can use blue for health and green for wealth!

Practically speaking, because they don’t take long to burn, they’re a much better candle to use for the busy mommy witch.  Really what’s not to love?  Also, they make excellent birthday candles.

My only complaint is that I don’t have a holder specifically for this size candle.  What I usually do is drip some wax onto the bottom of another candle tin lid and set that on my altar where I have a tile I use to put hot things that are burning.  I do have a chime sized holder, perhaps a bit of play dough could work.  For loose candles I use a scrap of paper or aluminum foil.  Sometimes, one just has to be creative. 

Maybe one day I’ll take some air dry clay and make a triple moon holder.  I’ve seen some really lovely ones people have done out of the clay Crayola sells.

Whatever holder you decide to use, remember to trim those wicks, if I have to answer one more question about “why is my candle flame so wild?” I’m going to scream.  Science people!  Don’t burn your home down cause you didn’t take two seconds to trim the wick!

Safety first!

🕯

Comments

Popular Posts