Finished: Flax

 


One down, two more to go.  This sweater took exactly two weeks for me to make.  I have mixed feelings about how it turned out.  This particular yarn is a lot thinner than I’ve used in the past for the Flax so to my eye it’s a bit wonky.

The bottom line of course is, will it fit Maya?  I tried it on Ana this evening and it fits her with room to grow.  The bottom cast off could have been stretchier but soon to be 7 year olds don’t have hips.  Ana is from hearty Irish stock and therefore meatier and shorter than her peers.

Tomorrow I will start the sweater for the second December birthday we’re invited to.  This little girl is only 4 and tiny so her cardigan shouldn’t take too long at all.  Then it’s Ninkie’s Christmas sweater.  She will need the size 8 because she is as big as Ana.  After that, it’s Dino’s birthday sweater with possibly two more size 8 or 10 birthday sweaters in the mix for February.  

Ana has a lot of friends and I am very poor.  Believe it or not, knitting a sweater saves me a ton of money on buying each friend a gift.  If I really work my ass off I can get one done in a week.  If I wanted to go even faster than that, then I’d suffer with metal needles and do 5 days.  Some say I am rather fast, but I don’t think so, I just have more time to knit than other people.

I actually saved quite a bit knitting this sweater.  I only used one ball of the Cotton Cake.  So it really only cost be about 5 bucks in total (probably less, I had a coupon and voucher). Perhaps it’s not too late for me to return the other ball or exchange it for something else.  That could work in my favor.  I honestly didn’t like working with this cotton yarn.  The color is beautiful but it just doesn’t feel right.

But, that’s that!  On to the next!

🧶

Comments

Popular Posts