Progress: Flax


I'm almost done with the body of this sweater, hopefully I can at least start the first sleeve tomorrow.  I really love how the stripes are coming out.  This is the perfect pattern for Caron Cakes.  I am a tad worried about sizing however, Maya is shorter and thinner than Ana, so as long as it fits Ana, it should fit Maya.

The color of this yarn is something else though, it's so freaking pretty.

I am happy that I'm making good progress on this though.  I have two more sweaters to get done for December.  One before the 19th, the other before Christmas.  Then, I can begin the first sweater that Dino has ever requested.  A recreation of the MTV unplugged Kurt Cobain cardigan.  I am not using mohair.  I've ordered a semi decent alpaca blend from Lion Brand at a deep discount.  It is only 10% alpaca, the rest acrylic, definitely not worth full price, barely worth the sale price and coupon I used.

After these four sweaters, I will probably need a break, or something leisurely and less ambitious.  I still have blankets to get done.  Lady knows how bad this winter will be, hopefully not too cold.  Whatever happened to global warming?  I was promised balmy January nights, not a freezing polar vortex!

Who am I kidding, I'll be happy indoors with tea, yarn, and good British programming.

🧶

Comments

Popular Posts