No to No Tox Life

 


Last year I made the switch to solid dish soap, it’s easier on my arthritic hands, plus no plastic bottles to deal with.  No Tox Life was actually the third solid dish soap I tried.  I purchased their massive box of scraps.  The end pieces that they cut off the larger slabs.  Each bar I got was about an inch to an inch and a half thick.  Not bad at all for the deep discount I got.

The thing is, I bought all those pounds of soap because the website said it would take me two years to go through, thus saving me a significant amount of money.  

It lasted for a year.  

That’s it.  Do I do more dishes than the average family of four?  I do cook three meals a day when the kids are home, and two when it’s just me and Ana during the week.  I don’t have that many dishes or containers or cups.  What I have is enough for three to four people (we’ve broken some stuff after Shadow passed).

I also should note that, I’m the dishwasher.  I don’t have a machine.  One must have more than four plates to utilize a dishwasher.

Anyway.  The soap works, that’s not the issue.  It takes off grease, there’s no residue, it’s un scented which is a bummer. What sucks is that it doesn’t last long at all.  It’s not a triple milled soap, it melts very easily.  It’s not at all cool.  I want a long lasting bar!

So for that reason alone, I’m not buying the shit again unless they make it triple milled.  It’s that simple.

Instead, I’m ordering bars of eucalyptus scented Dr. Bronner’s because they know how the fuck to make soap.  Eucalyptus will be amazing in hot water during the winter.  Their soap lasts a long time and one of it’s many listed uses happens to be dishwashing.  Remember folks, like salt, soap is soap.

I should have just done this from the beginning.  But I wanted to support small businesses who made unwrapped vegan products!  Well, one little paper sleeve isn’t going to bother me.  And it certainly won’t be upsetting my wallet.  Thanks to a generous coupon and free shipping from Thrive Market, I’m basically getting my three bars for free!

When in doubt always choose Thrive Market, like when Whole Foods tries to lure me in, damn straight Thrive is gonna have the same shit cheaper.  I am so grateful for my free membership.

I also ordered gluten free almond chewy bars to have with my tea.

Yay!

🧼


Comments

Popular Posts