No to Black Friday


Not that I have money to go shopping anyway, but still.  It’s the worst day and weekend of the year!  There are a few things I actually wanted to purchase because the coupon was 40 percent off, but the items still aren’t in stock, so obviously what good does that do me?

I have a short list of things I do really need, like baking soda free deodorant, a new very specific type of travel coffee cup, a new French press.  The deodorant has been out of stock for months, so I ordered the cream one in a glass jar for 30 percent off a few weeks ago when I could have waited till this weekend to order it 40 percent off, oh well, I couldn’t be stinky for two weeks!  The travel cup is pricey at 30 bucks, and there probably won’t ever be a coupon for it, unless I try my cart tactic where I sign in, leave it in there for a few days and get 20 percent off.  Not much, but something nonetheless.  

As for the French press, my old one broke.  I haven’t had coffee in weeks.  I have plenty of tea.  I love tea, but I also love coffee.  I was thinking I could possibly purchase an Italian espresso pot, but they are made from aluminum which causes Alzheimer’s.  I’m sure the ones that are stainless steel and ceramic are way more than I can afford.  The French press I had was only 3.99 from IKEA, but it’s a pain in the fucking ass to get over there.  I thought about asking for a Keurig for Christmas (I have always wanted the Nespresso, however, people are jerks and don’t want to buy me what I really want!) but then I think about all the waste that produces and don’t want to be apart of it.  I do own a stainless steal Keurig refillable that I take to my mom’s house, I think my sister has it now since she owns a Keurig.  Maybe it’s just a sign that I only purchase Nescafé Classico.

All these things for myself.  I don’t even know what the hottest toy of the season is.  Probably some stupid surprise pack thing.  I have my kids taken care of.  Ana especially has too much stuff.  Dino got by with a pretty minimum amount of things but way more books than she has ever had, I want to do the same for Ana but damn it, I think people feel bad about me being sick and Shadow passing so they give Ana things.  

Seriously, books are the only answer!

💸


Comments

Popular Posts