Body Butter

 


I actually prefer to make lotion bars, but my skin is somewhat ok lately, so I don’t need the beeswax added.  There isn’t a recipe per say for this.  It’s what I had left of shea butter and like 1oz of sweet almond oil plus ten or so drops of frankincense which I’m really digging lately.  It’s actually one of the very expensive oils, but thanks to Thrive, I got it for less than 9 bucks.  It’s supposed to be really good for arthritis as well.  The better turmeric supplements usually have it blended in along with pepper for absorption. 

Sure wish I could afford a bottle of that stuff again, even with the discount I get from Thrive I still can’t afford it!

Next time I purchase shea butter, I think I’m going to make a body butter with peppermint oil for my skin.  It’s very soothing and cooling.  There’s this ointment that I have that is made from Vaseline which makes me terrible itchy, but the peppermint oil in it is divine.  I suppose it might actually irritate or burn a normal skinned person.

Anyway, I’m pleased with how this turned out, it’s spreadable, and absorbs quickly.  I think I could have stood to add more frankincense but one must always be careful when adding essential oils.  I do enjoy making things like this, I always have but at the end of the day I don’t know how economical it actually is.  I technically should be saving some semblance of money making my own skin cream!  It’s not something I can easily calculate.  I’m terrible at math first of all, and second, I do variations, with cocoa butter and beeswax.  Perhaps if I stuck to two ingredients I could estimate my savings.

One thing I do know is that if it worked as well as Lush’s Charity Pot, I’d really save some dough.  That stuff is the holy grail of lotions and I sure wish I could make a dupe of it.  It’s sometime like 5 dollars an ounce.  Again, I can’t do the actual math.  All I know is that it contains moringa oil which is ridiculous to source.  My mom actually grows it but she sautés it or dries it for tea.  It’s one of those versatile super plants.

So, we shall see how this very small batch does on my patches.  The container is only about a cup in volume, however a little goes a long way.

I plan on staying nice and greased up all winter!

🧴 


Comments

Popular Posts