A Good Night’s Sleep

I woke up this morning at 6:02 which was shortly before sunrise.  It was no longer dark, but that bluish grey color just before golds, yellows and reds rise over Manhattan. 

I felt good.

No crazy dreams, no waking up in pain.  It is my moon time this week, and even that was dealt with ease. 

I think Shadow likes his candle wherever his spirit may be.  Dino and I always say it’s the astral plane.

There is a feeling of peace in the apartment, which is nice, my home is generally peaceful.  I feel safe here.  As safe as a widowed disabled woman can feel living with a small child and cat.  Everything is relative right?

My apartment also smells lovely, as opposed to the hall way which smells like old corn chips.  You can always tell who cooks with that disgusting corn oil in a building.  With Lidl selling cultured Irish butter and various types of EVOO, why would anyone use corn?

I know what it smells like because the Mayor graced us all with his presence today.  Giving us masks and signing up tenants for the vaccine.  He also said he was going to distribute food boxes next week, so that will be something to look forward to.  Nothing like a box of free food!

Now as I lay here in my bed, I’m hoping that I can have another good sleep.  I hate having chaotic dreams.  They always leave me wondering what am I doing wrong, what message is the person in the dream trying to tell me?  How can I fix this?

I always try and make my couple of hours leading up to snooze time conducive to sleep.  I have a sleepy time tea, lavender water in a spray bottle, lavender oil in a roller bottle, soothing products to take a bath with.  A heating pad to either place on my achy knees or my uterus which sometimes decides to hurt as much as labor does.

The last thing I do is read for at least half an hour.  I don’t time it or anything, but I try to get through a chapter or two.  By 11:30 the latest, I am lights out and cozy under the covers.

It’s all about that slow, stress free, cozy life.

To bed I go.

🛌

Comments

Popular Posts