I Finished the Agatha Shawl KAL

 

It just blends right into my wood floors at this point.

I did it. 

Thank the Gods.  That beast was starting to really kill my fingers, especially my left hand.  Tomorrow I will wash it, and "block it", I don't have blocking mats any more, so blocking for me is hanging a still damp item over the bathroom shower curtain rail and hoping for the best. 

Last time I made a very open lace work shawl it didn't work out too well, but it's been in the 60's lately, so will I even be wearing it?  Most likely not. 

AND... it did come out a lot smaller than expected.  Maybe blocking it will stretch it a bit, and maybe not, but like I said, I probably won't be wearing it any time soon, it's also Halloween colored, and that's my other excuse as to why I won't be draping it dramatically around my neck.

I haven't even updated on the KAL page since I started, but I'm done and that's all that matters now.

On to the next project right?

I was kind of worried that I wouldn't finish today, I thought I had a certain number of rows to get done but I miscalculated, so I wound up having more to do, and the shawl is still tiny.  I actually pulled this tarot card today with the intent of seeing if I would finish or not:


Every time I pull a card with wands I think of knitting, you know two sticks and what not.  The King of Wands represents a creative person who has completed their task, so I knew I would finish today.

Now, I have to figure out which sweater pattern to knit for Ana's birthday.  I have two balls of Mandala Ombre in a pinky orangey color, so that's what she's getting cause that's what I have.  I can't do anything too detailed because it will get lost in the color striping.  I'm definitely going to use my Denise set for that though.  I'm hoping that the bendy resin will alleviate my hand pain somewhat.  I might even have to see about finding my ace bandage so I can wrap up my left hand tomorrow before I begin. 

The rain isn't helping either.  The middle of my back began really hurting so I had to use the TENS machine on a really high setting for well over 2 hours, which you're really not supposed to do.  I had it up so high that my shoulders were twitching.  At least I feel a lot better now.  

It sucks that I'd really like to be more productive with my knitting, but my hands seem to be failing me.  I guess I'm gonna have to see if someone invents knitting needles for people with hand pain.  I know there are ergonomic ones by Prym, but that's not really the same thing as, my fucking hands hurt from even attempting to do this two stick and a string activity.  Maybe one day I'll put aside 10 bucks and try a pair of US 8.

I'm so glad I'm done.

😆

Comments

Popular Posts