The 2nd Time is the Worst

I don’t even know how I’m lucid enough to type this right now, so I apologize in advance for any bizarre errors.

I was doing ok yesterday, in fact, I fucking felt great.  I read my book until midnight, then put away my Kindle and marveled at the fact that my arm didn’t hurt that much.  Then at around 2am, which was about 12 hours after my injection, the shit hit the fan.

Chills

Feverish sweating and hot flashes

Aches and pains on top of my already achy body

A racing mind

I kept tossing and turning wondering what the hell was going on with my body.  Usually when my body feels like that, I want to curl up into a ball and sleep.  I couldn’t sleep, it was as if I had taken a mega dose of caffeine.  I started to get ideas for stories (which of course I’ve since forgotten), I thought, oh I’ll just read some more, but my brain and arm wouldn’t connect to get the Kindle.

Instead in my shivery state, I started reading some news article on my phone about the fucking Suez Canal which my brain couldn’t seem to remember where it was.  On top of that, the name of the fucking boat was Ever GIVEN and I was like but the whole side of the boat and the containers say Ever GREEN.  Why am I reading GIVEN as green?!

This is why I don’t take drugs people, cause I don’t like not being in my right fucking mind.  Lucidity is extremely important to me.

I wound up sleeping intermittently throughout the early morning, thank the Goddess that Ana knows how to navigate her various Google meets all by herself.  At some point around 8:30, I woke up starving which what the fuck, I don’t eat until 11 so I should NOT be ravenous.  Somehow I managed to text Dino for tea and an almond seed bar, but I think I fell asleep again.

Thus was my day.

Some moments I was freezing, others I was burning up.  Though, I must say, my arm didn’t hurt as much as the first injection, so that was cool, I guess?

I was finally out of bed around 11 with tea drunk and almond seed bar ate.  Man those things hit different when you’re hangry and high off your rocker.  At least I wasn’t seeing colors like when my rheum thought I should switch to Xeljanz, but holy fuck, will I have to endure this every Covid season?

It’s been about 32 hours, this shit ain’t fun.  I better be sane tomorrow, I can’t take care of my babies like this, hell, I can’t even take care of myself like this!

Still, it’s better than being hospitalized and on a ventilator.

Go get your shots folks, hope you don’t feel like I do!

Comments

Popular Posts