Hazy Lazy Day

 


This is where I sat for the majority of the afternoon today while Ana played.  I’m thankful for wearing a mask because otherwise I’d be breathing in that gunk.

The view may be gorgeous, but the air quality can be terrible. The haze did clear up by around 4:30.  It was then that I forgot I needed cat food so I decided to catch the bus down to TJ’s.  The 89 is usually empty and thanks to Covid it’s even more deserted, and it’s honestly a wonder they haven’t gotten rid of the route all together.  It is of course the only way down to that park of Hoboken because there isn’t a trolley stop on 14th street which there really should be.  The bottom line is I feel safe taking the 89, but I wouldn’t want to take a bus elsewhere.

During my warm and sunny hours at the park, I got knitting and reading done and even caught some Pokémon. I remembered to bring my hand written chart this time so I didn’t have to open my phone repeatedly to my pattern.  Sometimes an old fashioned piece of paper is so much easier to work with.

I actually finished reading the book about Ostara I started yesterday rightly titled Ostara.  The author wrote an entire section dedicated to egg crafting, so I don’t recommend if you’re vegan, or allergic.  I thought I was going to teach the workshop on celebrating Ostara this week but I’ll do it the day of on the 20th and then do a quick ritual after.  It’ll work out great really.  

I am half way through Circle for Hekate and have reached the part where the author discusses Hekate’s associations and symbols.  The entire book and still no wheel or whirl as the word is actually translated to in Greek.  I have a lot of investigating to do in order to figure out the origin of Her alleged wheel.  I’ve been wearing it on my bag for years, and have owned a couple different necklaces too.  I’m afraid that it isn’t as ancient as they make it out to be, but that’s why I’m reading scholarly works and not a random Wiccan who decided to write a Goddess forbid “quick guide to working with Hecate”.

So that’s that.  I plan on having another such day tomorrow except at some point I must run to Whole Foods to try and obtain their once a year beauty bag for 20 bucks.  It’s a thing I’ve been doing since they introduced them back in 2015.  I shall not miss my bag!

Blessed be!

🌛🌝🌜

Comments

Popular Posts