Experimenting with the Saged App


I can’t remember where I first heard about the app.  I downloaded it at some point last year or the year before and not finding anything meaningful on it, I kept it on the back page of the apps I sometimes use but really don’t bother with.

The lack of actual content is frustrating on any platform.  In the Wicca group it’s people asking for spells or talking about how they’re a “baby witch” and an empath.  🤮

The tarot group is literally people dropping their Venmo, what’s app and Instagram asking for payment for readings.  There is also a Free Readings group, but no one is offering anything for FREE, it’s the same people begging for 5 bucks for their readings.  Again, 🤮

Of course, I can’t complain about a spirituality app without mentioning the advertisements disguised as posts.  All of them are for a Dr. Ken, not the 12 inch fashion doll, but one of Dr. Imola’s Nigerian witch doctor brethren.  One account posts the same thing over and over again multiple times a day across all the groups.  It even lists a 201 number to call, dude is probably sitting in Paterson or Newark trying to scam idiot white girls.  I’ve reported it, but I don’t know, maybe the paid membership folks have separate and better groups to post in and they don’t bother with us plebs.

Anyway, time for my master plan.

Every day, I’m going to post a Card of the Day free reading and a spell or ritual, tomorrow I will post some long winded uber empowering Spring Equinox thing.  It’ll be great.  I started on Wednesday out of sheer boredom.  Honestly the tarot pull blurb is particularly fun and really exercising my writing chops.

Already I’ve had a few people “follow” me and comment that they “love my vibes”.  Again the app is dead.  Another thing I noticed is that nothing is dated, so I make sure I date the Tarot posts at least.  Perhaps tomorrow I’ll date the Wicca group posts as well.

Anyway,

Check mate.

Yeah, I don’t play chess remember so I don’t know if it’s check mate or not, one point for Spiral maybe?

I’m very interested in seeing where this goes and what happens.  Will the quality of posts get better?  Will more people post because they see someone posting every day? Will others ask legitimate tarot questions instead of asking for money?  I don’t know.  But as Mick Jagger sings “time is on my side, yes it is”.

This is going to be such fun.



Comments

Popular Posts