Libby Strikes Again


I just finished Circle for Hekate and I was very much ready to begin reading my copy of Hekate Soteira but low and behold I get a notification from Libby that my hold for The Midnight Library is ready.

Ugh.

I mean, I'm not too mad... but the app really needs to make up their minds about how long the list for holds is.  It initially said something like 6 or 8 months, I honestly don't remember.  I wasn't expecting to read it until summer, but here it is, ready to go on my Kindle.

Now, the awesome thing about my Kindle, which I think I've mentioned before, is that I can download the book, place the Kindle in airplane mode, and read it when I feel like it.  However, because I have another hold, I will lose that first book if I place it back on wifi if 14 days has already gone by.  My next hold is Win by Harlan Coben, which has a wait time of you guessed it, over 6 months.

I can't win...

Is that a pun?  I don't even know, I'm too tired.

Today was mostly spent cooking bacon at 11 am, park time in the warm sunshine for hours where I brought our 3 in 1 chess, checkers and backgammon board and Dino attempting to teach me how to play chess after I again begged him to play a game of backgammon.

I won.

No, that's not a pun, but I did win.  I don't know how.  I can not wrap my head around chess.  I can't even remember how to set up the board nor how the various pieces move and some how I got checkmate.

I also learned that this whole time, Ana has been playing chess on Club House Games for Switch and she knows what all the pieces are called and how they move.  I am flabbergasted.  Maybe I need to get this child into a chess club or something.  We watched The Queen's Gambit and this is what happens and yes I know there are depictions of sex and drugs.  We're Greek, those things don't affect us, we're not Puritanical Americans.

So, on to my reading now.

Ta ta!



Comments

Popular Posts