Lockdown: One Year Later


I hate that I even have to type out one year.  This shit should have been done with.  Everyone was supposed to stay the fuck inside for two weeks and be done but no, Americans are fucking stupid.

Now that that’s out of the way, I can continue.

I am ok.  I wrote last year that I was ok.  And I’m still ok.  In fact I think I’m doing even better than ok.  I feel more energized and rested and I wasn’t feeling like that last year mostly because I was still very much grieving Shadow’s passing.

But this isn’t about my grief.  This is about surviving the selfishness of other people.  The people that go on vacations, the people that don’t wear masks, the people who will always do what they want to do instead of what is right.

Fuck those guys.

When idiots were over here cursing the moon and all this other nonsense, they should have been performing group spells to stop the stupid, but of course, they themselves are part of the stupid.

I can’t be worried about other people when it comes to my workings.  I have to protect myself and my children first and foremost and that’s what I’ve done this past year.  Neither I, nor my children have gotten Covid.  We had a seasonal cold at one point, the same damn one I get every year when the weather changes, which I should be getting soon again.  While I do know people who were sick, all of them are still very much alive and thank the Goddess not “long haulers”, no one I know was hospitalized either.

I am so very grateful for my continued good (relatively speaking) health.  I am especially grateful that my children are doing well.  I know virtual school sucks for them and they hate it, and I’m so very sorry for that, but my babies are safe and healthy and that’s what matters to me.

This afternoon Ana and I were playing Barbies as we often do, they were one of my absolute favorite toys as a child.  Well, I came across a nurse outfit for Ken on a recent shopping trip and put him in it today.  I immediately said that he was off to his night shift at the Malibu hospital to take care of Covid patients.  A minute or two later and Ken was back home, tired and in need of breakfast.

Surprisingly Barbie’s house has even less space than mine!


This is the Ken doll that I had to have because he had a tie dye t-shirt and long hair and reminded me so much of Shadow.  Normally we play that he is a yoga instructor on the beach or by the pool (the house came with a tiny little wading pool).  We have another Ken doll who we call José, he is a Barista with a man bun, but work is slow at Starbucks so he had to get a position as a captain at Trader Joe’s during Covid (you best believe I have a Hawaiian shirt for him to wear.)

Anyway, Ana was upset that Ken was a covid nurse.  She said she didn’t want Covid when we play next time.  If this had happened when I was little I would have added Covid, but Ana is so sick of it.  Tomorrow, Ken will be a veterinarian.  Apparently I’m not allowed to make her dolls masks to wear either.

I get it, I’m over it too.  She asks me every day when will things get back to normal.  I have been saying the word soon for far too long.  

At least next week I get my second dose of vaccine which I must admit I’m a tad nervous about.  Everyone says the second dose is the worst.  Thankfully, my Dino will be here in case I need him to help out a lot more than he typically does.  I can’t tell him to cook a main and two sides, but he can certainly heat up a Trader Joe’s frozen meal for him and Ana. As for myself, I’ll languish in bed with an ice cold kombucha.

I truly hope I do not have to type two years later in March 2022.  

Pardon me while I look into being able to collect my SSDi check in New Zealand...

😉

Remember folks, wash your hands, brush your teeth and fuck it... smoke a fatty.

Blessed Be!

🌛🌝🌜



Comments

Popular Posts