Mend and Make Do

 

So much purple in this picture, except my blue TN cover.

I am so proud of myself for being able to not only fix my tarot deck box, but make it really cute and functional.  In fact, it is much more functional than it was when new.

Underneath that red paper and crystal patterned washi tape is the original clear plastic holder for the cards.  You could open them from the top, but at some point, the top of the thin plastic snapped off.  So my deck has been stored upright because any other way and the cards would slip right out.

I have a two deck boxes that are pretty and functional that came with the Arcana Iris Sacra deck and matching Lenormand.  They also have ribbons.  One can never go wrong with a bit of ribbon (some 19th century seamstress probably).

What makes this purple box so special and worth trying to salvage, is the very strong magnets on the flap and the slot for the mini guide book to hang out on.

If the box had my repaired design feature from the beginning then it would not have needed to be fixed!  I’m just a bit upset I didn’t have matching purple card stock, I didn’t have any purple at all.  I used the deep red and covered the bottoms with the washi tape then I used crazy glue to tack it down in place.  

So far, so good.  I’m really hoping it holds up nicely.  It really is a nice deck, the texture of the cards is awesome and their size make it so easy for me to shuffle.  I’ve been using this deck again for the past few days because it hadn’t seen the light of day in a while.  Thoth needed to be put away again.  It becomes overwhelming after a bit.  

These are simple RWS style, basic and not a bombardment of alchemical, astrological and occult symbols.  A nice brain break if you will, which is sometimes needed when you fully immerse yourself in tarot.

Blessed Be!

🌛🌝🌜

Comments

Popular Posts