Gamer Girls and Asshole Little Boys


I'm going to start this rant off by giving a shout out to a female gamer Courtney SpOOky on YouTube.  Normally, I don't like videos, or subscribe to stuff because I'm old, and if I sat and watched videos all day I wouldn’t have time for my own hobbies.  But one of my hobbies is playing Pokémon, so I am very much a girl gamer.  This particular girl gamer, is a sweet, kind, funny and beautiful young woman who only recently began streaming her gaming sessions.  She is a member of The Black Hat Society, and lovely.

Lately however, and probably forever, little boys have seen fit to make fun of girls who play games.  

Fuck that shit.

I don't have time, I don't have the patience for their squeaky little boy voices cursing, saying the N word, calling women bitches, telling them to suck their tiny one inch dicks.

I don't take kindly to them disrespecting woman in any way shape or form.  If that was my son, I'd beat his ass.  But that's not my son, because I raised my son right.  My son doesn't use the n word, he doesn't call people fat, and he would never degrade a woman playing a game.

That's the kind of person I'm raising, so what's everyone else's excuse?

This woman shouldn’t have to deal with comments belittling her and making fun of her.  It is uncalled for.  Especially since male gamers should know how it feels.  Remember the South Park episode about WoW?  It doesn’t mean you get to do it back at people.  You turn that shit around and offer people support.  Tell them, hey, I love this game too.  Hey, I really like your t shirt.  That’s so awesome that we like the same stuff! Or, keep having fun! 

It makes the person feel good.  Even one negative comment can make a person feel like utter shit for days.  

Because of all this bullshit I have to deal with an entire generation of socially awkward people.  It was bad when I was young but now it’s worse.  It’s like no one has confidence anymore.  Their entire lives are online being judged, down voted and it’s too much pressure.

With dudes saying they’re gonna come and rape a girl and for her to keep her mouth shut and get back in the kitchen, like I’m sorry what dude?  You’re just gonna out yourself as a sex offender like that?

It’s gross, it’s disgusting.  And I really feel for the women that just want to play games and have fun.  It’s not fair to them.  Little boys should not be emulating this behavior, but they do.

So just stop.  Point blank.  Video game designers don’t spend hours at their computers in a Japanese high rise only for their games to be used as fodder in the battle against the fairer sex. Do you even know what the suicide rate in Japan is bro?  They need some praise too!

This is yet another issue that we have to focus on, our commonalities instead of differences.  We all spend hours glued to a screen in a fantasy world neglecting chores, sunlight and myself excluded, personal hygiene.  No one is better than anyone else, and it certainly doesn’t matter what’s between your legs.

Game on bitches and cut the crap.

Peace.

✌️

Comments

Popular Posts