Anastasia at 6

I’m a sucker for matching girl and doll dresses.

My youngest baby is certainly not a baby anymore, today she is 6 and this was her second quarantine birthday party.  She requested a few things from TJ’s, the most important being the chocolate cake.  They make two little sheet cakes, vanilla is my favorite but Ana doesn’t like it so I purchased both and figured we’d have cake for the next week or more.  They’re tiny but extremely decadent.

Overall it was a very quiet day, she FaceTimed or as we like to call it Stacey Timed with both grandma’s.  My dad must still being feeling under the weather from his surgery because he didn’t pop in to say hi.

Ana got so much stuff today from them both that I have to buy a bigger container for all her doll clothes and accessories now.  Margaret (the Bitty Baby Doll in the photo) has been with her since her 3rd birthday when Shadow was in California recovering and sent the doll in the mail for her.  Margaret is her favorite doll and a constant reminder of how much her daddy loves her.

Both my babies are growing up, I’m thankful that it hasn’t felt too fast.  Maybe I’m not old enough to feel time fly like that yet.  Ana has two loose teeth now a top and a bottom one.  She asked me the other day if fairies were real, so I got her a book of Irish fairy tales as part of her birthday present.  There aren’t any pictures but I figured it’s a great little historical reference to “the good people” as they’re called in rural Ireland.  She loves learning about Irish heritage.  We watch this program on PBS called Ireland: County by County and one time she was crying and said she didn’t want to watch it anymore and I said well if it’s that bad to you I’ll turn it off.  She said no, that it made her sad because she would never get to go to Ireland because of covid.  That made me tear up too.  One day I’ll take this little girl to Ireland!  Her daddy would have!

That can certainly be a goal for us when she is older and when travel is open again.  I can hear Shadow now “anything for my Stacey baby!”

Happy Birthday my Stacey baby!  I love you so much!

🧚

Comments

Popular Posts