Another Bebop Cardi

The stripes came out so cute!

Yesterday one of Ana's best friend's surprised her with a few things for her birthday including a goodie bag they made for the little girl's birthday which is tomorrow.  Her mom is high risk, so she can't do a party either with friend's either.  Ana was so thankful and loved everything.

I told her mom that I just had to make something for her daughter's birthday, and this is that result.  Thank goodness I am so quick.  Today was also rather rainy so a few hours watching archaeology docs gave me plenty of time to finish it.  I'm so glad I had that extra ball of yarn left over from Ana's birthday sweater.

I am just praying it fits her.  Though she is turning four tomorrow, this little girl is as big as Ana who is rather small for her age.  It does fit Ana and crochet does stretch a bit, so hopefully it fits her friend.  Thinking back, I realized that this little girl is the first friend she made when we moved here back in 2018.  We started seeing her at the park in the spring and summer of 2019, so they've been playing together for 2 years now.  She is so tall that I never realized they were 2 years apart, she has been keeping up with the bigger kids linguistically too, which is rather impressive.

I'm hoping we see them at the part tomorrow, her mom said she wasn't too sure if she was going, I'm assuming she will be doing something with family for her actual birthday.  I'll just pop it in my bag when we go after lunch and text her that we're there.

In other knitting news, my car coat has officially grown too big for me to transport in my knitting bag to the park.  Time to work on something smaller while I'm there, especially when I'm chatting with other parents and can't read my Kindle.  I started the hot water bottle cover but that's on my really good needles which I don't want to bring outside, whatever I start or pick up again must be done on my Denise set, which has become my designated outdoor and travel set.

It's definitely time to re organize my yarn again.

Comments

Popular Posts