Gertrude Sweater Progress

 


I am really slacking when it comes to finishing this sweater.  It’s coming out nice enough, but Ana keeps asking me to make the sleeves short or to make her a vest because her friend wears a vest.

I’m at a loss.

I finally managed to finish the back today and cast on for the left front.  It’s only 28 stitches so it should be fairly quick, but I also worry that the entire thing is coming out looking too long and narrow which Ana is not.  She is my fat Irish potato child.

I’m gonna keep knitting because at this point I’m too far gone.  I just wish that I could actually zone out like I usually do to knit, catch up on my shows and keep stitching along.  But lately everything had been so nuts and I hate nuts.  I need calm and peace, and joy in my life.  Like those stickers southern white ladies put in their “family” rooms.

I didn’t even get to tune into the HoopYogini classes today because I was at the park when the one I wanted to do was going on.  Bright and early tomorrow morning is one related to tarot and even if I’m stiff as hell I’m gonna try my best to participate cause I need to find out how they’re gonna relate the cards to hooping and yoga.  Maybe it will blow my mind!

I’m actually a bit sore from yesterday still, but the good sore. Except for my right arm which I think I slept on at a weird angle last night.  I still can’t believe I made it through two yoga classes like that.  I certainly felt better today, minus the arm, and I got a decent night’s sleep as well.

Tomorrow is laundry day, so I’ll give it my all in the tarot yoga class and then get everything ready to head across the street.  If it’s lunch time, I’ll treat the kids to Cuban food at our favorite spot, which happens to be the cheapest and best food in the neighborhood and thus the only food I can afford and that I am willing to pay 5 bucks for.  No lie a regular order is 5 bucks, and most of the time less.  Excellent café con leche made with espresso is 1.25, the absolute best coffee in NJ hands down, and cheapest too.  I’m so glad this place survived the pandemic when so many restaurants around here shut down for good.  It’s sad.

Tomorrow is also the new moon ritual, so I get to do my special tarot spread and zen out on the Zoom ritual.  It’ll be great.  I’m so grateful for things like this especially since I don’t have to pay for them!  Once this mess with Covid is over several people have expressed wanting to form a circle here in Hudson county and I swear I’m gonna keep it free.  Way too many people charge and I’m not charging for religious services.

Time for bed!  Early to bed, early to rise, makes a gal healthy witchy and wise.

Blessed Be!

🌚

Comments

Popular Posts