Thoughts on Manifestation

Generic meditation graphic, this makes it extra spiritual yo.

Manifestation is a huge thing on the Saged app.  Personally, I’m more of a spell kinda gal myself instead of a manifesting my deepest desires type gal.  After this evening’s class it got me thinking.  What are people like me supposed to manifest?  I am a disabled crunchy Wiccan mama and it seems their brand of manifestation doesn’t align with my values.

There are some key words and phrases that a few of the presenters have thrown out there when it comes to manifesting.  Those are as follows:

6 figures

Hustle

Vacation

10K a month

Desires

California

Bali

I get it. These are successful white women teaching other white woman that they too can achieve what they themselves have.  One phrase I have yet to hear however is “shatter the glass ceiling”.  Shouldn’t the work be done collectively to break those societal norms?  It seems every woman is by themselves with this manifesting business.  No one is talking about making changes for other women like paid maternity leave, and equal pay.  But somehow through manifestation, women are going to get that 10K a month. 

Where is the zero waste minimalist?  What do they wish to manifest?  Money only buys more stuff and stuff is polluting Mother Earth, so why the fuck do we need more stuff, and a yacht to put it in?  If you’re going to celebrate and connect to Gaia, then help clean her up, do your part, don’t buy a gas guzzling Escalade.

What I want to see more of, is the spiritual person who is also doing due diligence by caring for this rock we call home.  Where are the manifesting women who stop oil fracking, who give Natives back their land, who tell China that that’s it, no more fucking plastic?  I want to take a class from that person.

That woman isn’t making 10K a month, instead she is feeding ten thousand starving children a month with sustainable farming practices.  She is teaching classes on nutrition, she is highly educated and she has never lived in Beverly Hills.

She learned Yoga in a village in India where she helped teach period hygiene to the children of prostitutes.  The yoga she knows isn’t about Lululemon leggings, it’s about connecting to the self and breath work.

I know this woman exists.  She’s out there somewhere.  She’s probably in her 60’s or 70’s and in my mind she’s a cool Lesbian with silver hair and Birkenstock’s.  This woman is no nonsense and kicks major ass.

The work she does is manifesting a better life for others.  That is what brings her joy and fulfillment.  We are under the notion, especially in America that if we don’t make 6 figures and own a house and a nice car then we are utter failures.  To that I ask, you do see how Covid is still killing everyone regardless the size of their bank account right?  Of course we were the nation who invented the phrase “manifest destiny” in the 1800’s, so it’s no wonder Cali Four Nye-A still seems to be the dream destination.

I want the class for manifesting for everyday women, the women who do it all with their one good bra on and a smile on their face.

We aren’t meant to hustle, we aren’t meant to luxuriate in 6000 square foot homes either.  There is a massive disparity between what we actually need and what we’re told we want.

Maybe we need to practice gratitude instead.  The act of being thankful for what we have already.  I am simply thankful to be alive.  Life itself brings me joy.  Watching my children grow up brings me joy.  Writing these rants every night brings me joy.

We don’t all need the same things.  Our dreams and goals are different, and that’s ok but the reality is, no one fucking needs 10K a month to live and that’s coming from a fat hairy Greek girl whose medication costs exactly that much a month and that in particular needs to change.

Namaste.

Comments

Popular Posts