The Mystery of Hudson

I’ll preface this by stating, that I’ll talk shit about anyone, I really don’t care.  Including asshole children.  This is a story of an asshole child.

I live at the top of a third floor walk up (yes with my knees, but even my gay friend says my ass looks amazing).  When we first moved in, there was an annoying downstairs neighbor who had a daughter a year older than Ana.  We only saw her a hand full of times, she was never at the park or walking around the neighborhood.  This kid was also quiet.  Too quiet, suspiciously quiet. Our other neighbors have a toddler and you can hear her running around and squealing as happy babies do, but this girl who was 5 was silent.

The first two weeks we were here Shadow and I were naturally moving things around, trying to finalize furniture because we had lost everything in that basement when it flooded.  It sucks starting from scratch, but we were just happy to be back together as a family again.  Every time we accidentally dropped something, or moved something this lady came barging up stairs and started telling Shadow to keep it down we were being too loud.  It happened almost every day to the point where we thought about breaking our lease because of her.  She seemed to be an outright bitch for no reason.  From here on out she will be known as bitch lady.

Shortly after Shadow passed, I noticed I wasn’t seeing them anymore.  It turns out they moved down the street and decided to air B and B their shitty apartment.  I have peeked into everyone else’s apartments and I can say without a doubt that mine is the nicest because I have hard wood floors and not vinyl.  It got me thinking that maybe this lady just wanted my sun drenched apartment!  Anyway, air B and B is very illegal in Weehawken.  But I didn’t want to call the township on her because she would know it was me and I fear retaliation.

Fast forward to Ana being in virtual school.  There is a child named Hudson.  No one I’ve asked knows who he is or where he lives or who is parents, nanny, or babysitter is again, he is never outside or at the park or walking around the neighborhood.  This kid has major issues.  He doesn’t listen to the teacher at all, he keeps putting up backgrounds and unmuting himself and turning off his camera.  A few times the teachers internet crashed so he himself started presenting.  He will get on the mic and start saying things like “the teacher is mad sus yo”.  He also never has his work, ever, and always says the same excuse, that his dad forgot.  At one point the teacher made an off hand remark about him remembering his work from kindergarten last year and at another point he said himself he was seven.  So this kid got left back.

It’s been months of this kid acting like a ripe old asshole to the teacher and other students but he still logs on every day.  

Now, a few days ago I noticed that someone had thoroughly cleaned the first set of stairs, but NOT the second set that leads up to my floor.  That’s how I know that bitch lady was expecting another air B and B booking, cause she sends her husband to mop the stairs.  That’s when I start to hear a guy down there yelling at a kid.  A kid I don’t ever see, as if they too don’t open the door to leave.  The names on the mail box haven’t been changed either, they’re still bitch lady’s.  The post office worker will absolutely not deliver mail to an address without the proper name on the box.  A lot of people try and use addresses here to get into the school district.

On Friday, it is library at 9:30am for Ana.  Well right before she logged on herself, I hear clear as day from the apartment below “you have library!” in a man’s voice.

No fucking way, I thought.

Ana’s class is very small.  Only one class at a time can even have library.

Then yesterday, I open the window where the fire escape is so I can add more bird seed to the feeder and there is a fucking child hiding in the corner on the fire escape.  I almost had a heart attack.  Like you fucking dick ass kid, my meds give me tachycardia and this is what I have to deal with?! So naturally being the bitch I am, I yelled at him told him to get back into his apartment and that he can’t be up here cause it’s dangerous.  You know, things adults are supposed to tell asshole children.  He said sorry and ran down the stairs, his father said sorry and dragged him back in yelling “are you fucking kidding me?!”

Now today, there was a point where the teacher is telling Hudson to turn off his background and he starts lying about not having one.  The backgrounds glitch out the whole chat so they’re not allowed to use them at all.  From downstairs I hear this cacophony of asshole child getting the shit beat out of them by asshole adult.  There is crying and yelling and that’s when I hear Ana’s teacher ask “where did Hudson go” in her South African accent which sounds like a mix between Australian and German so there are like three syllables to the word ‘go’.

Hudson lives downstairs.  Hudson was on my fire escape. Hudson is the fucking poster child for abused kid living with a chain smoking idiot who I don’t see leaving for work so how is he even paying the 1200 bucks or more (I’m assuming bitch lady jacked it up) for this place?

But I don’t actually have enough evidence that it’s Hudson.  I can’t call the school and tell them what’s going on cause then that’s one bitch and one idiot who could retaliate against me. 

I want the air B and B bullshit to end, I don’t want to hear Hudson or whoever he fucking is being yelled at and beaten by his idiot father who I think has been threatening him with sending him to a foster home cause Hudson once mentioned something about foster homes being terrible places for kids with bad moms who do bad things to kids.  

I can’t make this shit up.  

So what do I do?  This kid could wind up dead from falling off the fire escape, his father could beat him to death, he doesn’t even look healthy, nothing but skin and bones, but at the same time I have to worry about MY disabled fat ass and MY children because people like idiot guy and bitch lady go after the people that get them in trouble.

All the other neighbors in this building are awesome.  They were all here before I got here except the Avon lady who just moved in and whose niece is in Ana’s class and she’s such a cutie pie.

Hudson on the other hand needs help and I don’t know how I can safely help him.  Honestly all I can do is mind my own business and hope I don’t run into them in the stair well.  I do know one thing though.  He won’t be able to register for school again because he can’t receive mail here.  They even do home visits in this township to prove that you live where you say you live.  I’m hoping that will be the end of the Hudson problem.

On that note, who the fuck names their kid Hudson anyway?!

Fuck this shit.

Comments

Popular Posts