Not Quite Finished

The pattern depicts the embroidery instructions.

I’m almost done with the short sleeve sweater I am knitting for Ana.  She calls it a vest and she does not want a button.  I haven’t taken a single picture of it, not even for my Ravelry account, which is awful.

I decided that I would crochet the border instead of knit it because I have absolutely no desire to pick up that many freaking stitches.  That’s pure insanity to me and I shan’t do it!  With hook in hand, I’m properly turning the corners to give it those neat little edges and the work is going much faster.

If all goes well, I should be done by tomorrow evening.  The pattern calls for some simple embroidery up along the edges which I intend to try.  I haven’t done any embroidery since the mid 90’s.   It’s not something one forgets, but with my arthritic hands it may not be neat.  The pattern shows the finished product all in one color, but what I’d like to do is use green for the vine and white for the flower and do a yellow French knot in the center for each flower so they look like actual daisies. 

Now, I distinctly remember embroidering roses as a child with silk ribbon, but I do not remember making the above flower, so I’m happy they included the instructions for those. It should have a cute little affect anyway that I’m hoping won’t get lost in the color changes of the ombré yarn.  We shall see.  The important thing is that Ana actually wears her “vest”.

Comments

Popular Posts