There’s Just No Way

I have five days until Ana’s birthday.  The Gertrude sweater is coming out a hot mess and will not be done by Sunday.  This pattern probably needs an Aran weight and also was probably designed for a super long and thin child, which Ana is far from.  She is shorter and stouter than all her friends.

I don’t know what I’m going to do, add on to the fact that she keeps asking for a vest, or short sleeve sweater.  So maybe that’s what I’ll do.  I’ll make a short sleeve sweater and if I bust my decrepit little fingies I can probably get it done by Sunday afternoon.

I guess that is the problem with having a child who is old enough now to know what knitwear she wants.  I can’t just knit what I want to knit with the yarn I want to knit with.  It must be Ana approved now.

None of this helps the fact that Knit Picks released new speckled yarns today.  What the hell KP?!  I promised not to buy any yarn this year, which I’ve been exceptionally good at mind you, and y’all come out with colors that Ana will adore?!  Not cool.  They tend to discontinue stuff quickly too, so it might not be there come January if I am ready to buy some yarns.  

Oh well.  I really don’t need it.  I have yarn that I will use, and that is that.  One project at a time.

I guess I’m in for a busy day tomorrow, and the next day, and after that as well.  Then Friday I must got to Trader Joe’s to buy soft foods for my Dino boy who is getting braces and all of Ana’s birthday items.  She requested chocolate cake, pizza, and donuts.  Not too bad and not for nothing I’ll wind up spending way less money buying all that then if I ordered from the local pizzeria which I haven’t done since last year.  I’ll probably get my favorite southwest salad for myself cause me and cheese and wheat haven’t been doing so well together.

I also have to see who has a good price on D3.  Apparently psoriatic patients are basically supposed to OD on the stuff with 10K IU’s a day.  Thrive has 5K IU.  Whole Foods may have the 10K.  The shit I have to do in order to stay alive huh?  I’ve been outside every day from 2 till 5.  Who knows how much D I’m getting, but I’m notoriously deficient even with sun and supplements.

So that is that, busy busy busy.  I shall start a new short sleeve sweater, I will OD on D3 (trust me, it’s fine, read the literature), and I’ll be that mom who eats salad while her kids eat pizza.  To be fair, that salad is amazing, it’s like all cabbage and dressing with corn tortilla chips and pumpkin seeds.  

Delicious.


Comments

Popular Posts