Athena at Five

 


This isn’t a post about the Goddess of war.  I don’t work with Her.  

My niece is named Athena and she turned five today.  I finished her bunny last night just in time.  I even did a little extra with the green skirt and cotton scarf, added a purple ear bow too.

But, Athena wasn’t too thrilled.  She didn’t want to open any of her presents, so Bunny came with me to the kitchen when it was cake time and at least all the adults thought that Bunny was adorable.

I thought she would love Bunny because she liked the one I made Ana.  Turns out Athena at five doesn’t like green anymore.  She likes red.  Ok.  That’s fine.  She’s also obsessed with Among Us, ok, that’s also fine.

The bottom line is, children are jerks at any age.  I was one and still am one.

Hopefully she eventually loves her Bunny.

I admit that the eye placement makes Bunny look like she’s seen some shit.  That’s ok too.  I’ll ask her in the afternoon tomorrow when Athena calls me from her personal iPad with her personal iCloud account, as five year olds do.

Since she received it on Christmas I have had to repeatedly remind her that she can’t call my phone a gazillion times at 10:30 at night when Ana is already asleep at 9.  But this is an older Athena, a does what she wants type of gal.

At least all the gifts are done.  Dino’s birthday is next on the list, and I’ve already begun his present, I was going to surprise him but decided that it would be better for him to choose the yarn from what I have.  That little boy chose a cashmere blend, he gonna be fancy as fuck.

And now I sleep fretfully wondering if Bunny will ever be loved...

Comments

Popular Posts