Treasure Pouches



I forgot my brother in law’s birthday was close to Christmas, then I nearly forgot that my sister’s birthday is right after my niece’s, and that their best friend’s birthday is right after hers.  

Too many damn birthdays.

So in the midst of me killing my gnarled fingies trying to crochet a bunny for Nonks, I had to put that down and scrounge around my yarns for leftovers to make these pouches.

I’ve made quite a few of these simple little bags.  People can put what they like in them.  They’re great for small items like marbles or to use as a spell pouch, though sprigs of herbs will poke through.

Granted, I haven’t seen any of these people in weeks!  Eli had to stop picking me up to go to Costco cause, not for nothing I felt uncomfortable in such a crowded place and because he said he needed to get his breaks done and now I don’t even know if he’s done that yet.  I still need stuff from Costco, but I’ll make do with Lidl and Trader Joe’s. (I bought a loaf that was something other than Ezekiel bread, and I can’t deal with that shit, I need me my sprouted Jesus loaf!)

Anywho, they will all get three yarny items each from me, a hat, a soap saver and a pouch.  Ninkie will get a pouch, a bolero and the bunny which I may make a little skirt for since I found a fat quarter of green fabric that was supposed to be masks for her that she didn’t want.  Then to give my hands a rest, I’ll use this other bit of green yarn I found to knit the bunny a sweater.  I’ve already secured green safety eyes to it.  Poor bunny looks like it’s seen some shit.

After making four pouches in succession, Ana has to have one... of course.  All the other ones I’ve made are hers mind you.  One is holding dominos, another marbles and another her magnetic blocks.  I still haven’t made a replacement of the one Dino had which got ruined in that basement.  It would make a lovely dice bag too, but that one was made of nylon by my mother.  I don’t want to buy any yarn, but I do have acrylic in black which may do.  

When this bunny is done, I’m going to have to put away my crochet hook for a while.  It really hurts my hands way more than knitting does and despite it being so much faster, I can’t keep doing this to my hands.  They’re already fucked up enough as it is.

Ana will have to live with her three pink pouches and no more for right now.


Comments

Popular Posts