Christmas 2020 Presents I Made


I am happy to say that I was able to begin one of my New Year's goals about a month before January 1st.  I didn't want to try and go to Michael's, and ordering from Knit Picks was out of the question.  I was able to make Christmas presents for four people (sister, brother in law, niece, and their best friend) with only yarn I had left over from other projects.

Before I go on, I'd like to point out that as a Wiccan I still respect my atheist sister for celebrating the Santa only Christmas.  I had told them earlier in the season that I wouldn't be able to spend money on gifts, but they went and got me stuff, so obviously I feel bad (I know, I hardly ever feel bad), and decided to dig through my meager yarn collection to see what I could cobble together with two sticks or a hook.

I decided on taking out the hooks.  Simple Crochet is so much faster.  

Three hats:



A bolero:


A treasure pouch:


And three soap saver scrubbies later:


And everyone is accounted for.

Now that these items are finished, I can concentrate on my unfinished car coat, which I've put to the side way too many times last year.  I don't know when we're all going to get together again, Covid cases are on the rise, so I've had to be extra careful.  Since Lidl opened up I haven't even asked my brother in law to drive me to Costco, I haven't been down to Trader Joe's for that matter either.  My niece's 5th birthday is a couple weeks away, so perhaps then.  The only issue with that is, I'll need to put my coat down again and figure out something else to make her!

Whatever can save my broke ass a few bucks.

Blessed Be!
🌒🌕🌘








Comments

Popular Posts