You’re On The List

I don’t know when I’ll actually be able to get it, but I’m on the fucking list since yesterday.  Who knows how long I’ll have to wait?  I see my rheumatologist in February as I do every three months, so I’m hoping she’ll have more insight.

The main issue I’m worried about is drug interaction.  So far no one on any of the psoriatic disease forums who are on Cosentyx have gotten their vaccine yet. One person on the roids got both doses of the Pfizer vaccine and they said they’re fine but they also have a mild case unlike me with my severe case.

There have been polls of course, and complaints about itchiness (when isn’t there? And seriously stop using Vaseline).  And someone posted a paper which I have yet to read that detailed the rates of folks catching and dying with our autoimmune disease with data showing that people on protein blockers may have a smaller chance of dying from Covid than the general population.

Well fuck that, I don’t trust it.  I love me a good research paper, but it’s too soon for a study like that.  Seriously less than 10 months for your findings.  No sir, I don’t like it.

Thus, I wait.

I finished my big jug of vitamin D this morning and now all I have left is old people vitamins and no turmeric.  What I need is some zinc.  I do have various herbs, but damn it, it’s annoying taking ten or more capsules a day.

Another thing that’s been floating around is the possibility of a prescription probiotic to treat psoriasis.  I’m so happy that they’re finally starting to look at gut health!  It’s something I was introduced to when I was around 15 years ago during a pretty bad flare up and back then you were crazy if you tried to go on a special diet and eat kimchi and such.  Well, now they know, antibiotics are the real enemy and so is sugar.

Maybe I’ll be able to take both Cosentyx and this prebiotic and feel even better!

I sure hope so.

That being said, everyone go get your shot.  It’s the difference between life or death, and I for one, do enjoy living.


Comments

Popular Posts