Stained T-Shirts


It took me over a year to finally go through the last of Shadow’s clothing.  None of it was worth donating.  He was a large man who’s marijuana medicine of choice was shatter, and shatter leaves stains every where even when you’re only smoking it at your best friend’s house.

To this day, there are stains of his partial finger prints on the door of the bathroom.  I haven’t the heart to take the rubbing alcohol to them which is the only thing that can even attempt to remove the stickiness that is concentrated cannabis wax.

Two galaxy t-shirts which had been brand new had the least amount of yellowed stains.  So being the awesome creative person I am, I cut them into strips, got out the size 15 knitting needles and knit the above bath mat.

There is a reason I don’t partake of the current big needle knitting trends.  It fucking hurts.  My fingers were done after that.  I spent an entire day knitting (cutting is the quick part) and haven’t, thankfully, experienced hand pain like that in a very long time. 

I showed the finished mat to Shadow’s mom and his brother who were on FaceTime one day with Ana.  She thought it was the most amazing thing ever.

And it is.  It’s super squishy, exactly how Shadow loved his bath mats.  In fact, we had gone through many bath mats in this apartment because he was always on the hunt for the comfiest one due to the neuropathy in his feet.

I like to think that he would have thought this one the most comfy.  I wish I would have thought to make a bath mat like this when he was still alive.  He would have used it as the ultimate excuse to buy himself new t-shirts too, which within a day or two would have been stained like all the others.


Comments

Popular Posts